We are happy to assist students from outside the United States who wish to attend Rock Valley College on an F-1 (student) visa. Below you will find important information that will help you smoothly transition to RVC as an international student.
Please contact RVC's International Student Services before attempting to complete any of these steps.
- Contact the International Student Services Department to receive an F1 International Student Packet.
- Apply to Rock Valley College as a new, international student. You can apply to the college while waiting to receive your packet.
- Submit proof of English language competency. You will need either: a minimum score of 71 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), a minimum bandwidth score of 6.0 on the IELTS, English as a Second Language (ESL) certificate of completion, or to have attended a U.S. High School.
- Submit an official bank letter of financial guarantee, proving you have the available
funds to attend. This bank letter can be from any (or all) of your financial institutions, stating
the amount in the account(s), proving sufficient funds exist to attend Rock Valley
College. The bank letter cannot be dated more than six months from the date you intend
to start school.
An International Student who is planning to attend Rock Valley College without a live-in guest status will have expected expenses of a minimum of $32,063. An Affidavit of Support is also required.
If you are requesting live-in guest status, your expected expenses will be a minimum of $11,403. A student with live-in guest status is one who fulfills ALL the following requirements: must reside with a citizen of the United States, must live within the Rock Valley College district, and must complete the Live-In Guest Form. The form must be filled out and signed by the host family and International Student, and it must be notarized by a Notary Public.
- Submit official transcripts from a high school or college.